Monday, October 10, 2011

Freakishly Awesome Potatoes

I was having the worst blog block of my short blogging career. I was going to be all sentimental and stuff, but I didn't have it in me today. Instead I shall blog about my freakishly awesome potatoes. Now mind you, I didn't say freakishly awesomely healthy potatoes. I just said freakishly awesome potatoes.

These pan fried potatoes take about 30 to 40 minutes. I'm pretty much always cook them way earlier than the rest of the meal. I've learned that if I start all the food preparation at the same time as the potatoes, the rest of the meal goes cold waiting for me to finish them.


Above are the ingredients I use. I chop up the whole onion and potatoes in small pieces and put them in the pan with a little EVO and a couple of heapings of butter. I keep the temp of the stove around medium and put the lid of the pan.




 

 
Gotta keep stirring every 2-3 minutes. I like my potatoes really soft on the inside and crispy on the edges. After about 20 minutes I take the lid off and pour a little white wine. I leave the lid off now.


Lastly, I put the spices on. A little Italian seasoning, garlic, pepper, and don't forget the nutmeg! That's the special ingredient. You don't have to use that much nutmeg to get a good taste. I always put the spices in last, and I don't use salt. If you want salt on them, put it on yourself.

Cook them babies for a couple more minutes and this is what ya get. It goes really good with the Rib Eye steak on the grill.

1 comment: